Welcome Guest (Register -  Login)  Active Topics Active Topics Display List of Forum Members Memberlist Search The Forum Search Help Help
 Navigation
 Skin Chooser

Choose Skin:

There are 3 skins total.
The newest skin is BeOS

Latest Forum Posts

Total Users Online: 113

We have 0 member(s), 113 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Most Online: 617
Occured: Saturday, 6 Apr, 2024

Members Online:

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

You are visitor number 5985310

We have 70623 registered users and we have had 6 member(s) visit us in the last 24 hours and 169 new member(s) signed up in the last month.

The newest registered user is miriamfo16.

Our users have posted a total of 3890 articles within 785 topics in 13 forums.
Last post by king mob

Advice
 Glastonbury Forum : Advice
Subject Topic: going alone Post ReplyPost New Topic
 going alone
<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
piggin-mud
Posted: 09-April-2008 at 11:14pm | IP Logged Quote piggin-mud

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Group: Festival Virgin

Evening all...

I'm normally quite reserved, sensible, plan things down to a tee- However, yesterday i had a spur of the moment decision, and I registered for Glastonbury and bought myself a ticket...

I've never been to Glastonbury - Nor any other festival - I have wellies and a tent - but unfortunately no camping buddies (Seems none of my friends are bothering this year -just my luck)...

So, I'm going it alone- which I don't mind - I think I'm a big enough girl to look after myself and have one hell of a good time - But I was kinda wondering/hoping someone may wanna travel down with me/let me tag along?? Maybe hitch a tent up next to mine/or mine next to yours?? Even share a bottle of two of wine/beer/cider - even water

About me - I'm 20, female, and from the North East, no previous festival experience, up for a laugh, rubbish singer, mad dancer, and quite partial to a glass or two of wine...

As I'm a Glastonbury virgin, any tips/advice would be gratefully accepted.

Oh and thanks for reading x

Online Status: Offline
View piggin-mud's Profile Search for other posts by piggin-mud Back to Top

freebird
Posted: 10-April-2008 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote freebird
Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Sounds like we're getting a group of like minded people together here - I'm happy to share journeys if it works out re where we're all located   -I'm travelling from the West Midlands - oh and of course I'll share my wine too!

View freebird's Profile Search for other posts by freebird Back to Top

bass1999
Posted: 10-April-2008 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote bass1999
Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

No idea how I am getting to Glastonbury yet.  I have a chap on liftshare.com who has offered a lift.  He is from Leicester and we are based in Hartshill (near to Nuneaton). 

However we are also thinking about getting the train down but are worried about being at the mercy of the coaches from the station at either Bristol Temple Meads or Castle Cary upto the festival site.

Regardless of the travel issues I am absolutely buzzing to have got tickets and have a strange feeling the weather will be great too.  Surely it cant be terrible for four in a row?

if anyone wants to contact me for travel or camping meetups feel free to email me direct at james.stratford@gmail.com

View bass1999's Profile Search for other posts by bass1999 Back to Top

hayo29
Posted: 10-April-2008 at 12:48pm | IP Logged Quote hayo29

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Hi there,

I feel so much better knowing that there are other females like us lot going alone to the festival.
Even thou I am a big girl!, Im 29, coming from south west, still would be great to camp near others that I've met here online. I am a first timer and I do not care who the headliners are, coz its about the experience!

I'm nice, friendly, fun and adaptable, so I'm happy to pitch a tent nearby or share, I won't crowd your space!

Be free to pm me!

Freebird think this same message was PM 2 u oops!!

Hayleyx

View hayo29's Profile Search for other posts by hayo29 Back to Top

freebird
Posted: 10-April-2008 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote freebird
Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Hi all

I pm'd Hayley saying we'd need to work out nearer the time how to meet when we all get there or en route so those of us who want to can pitch together and try to keep a bit of space for any of us arriving later. I went with a friend in 2005 and the space was really tight. Any thoughts?

joethemod
Posted: 10-April-2008 at 8:17pm | IP Logged Quote joethemod
Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

hello everyone iam quite surprised at how many people are going alone. i think we need to work out what days people are going to the festival, I'm planning on going on Thursday, if somebody here is planning to go on Wednesday they could find us a decent spot on rope some space off! also we need to be able to contact each other and decide were we are all going to meet in the festival!

View joethemod's Profile Search for other posts by joethemod Back to Top

piggin-mud
Posted: 10-April-2008 at 10:12pm | IP Logged Quote piggin-mud

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Evening again all...

Joe-  I'm hoping to go down for the Wednesday - Not set in stone just yet as I haven't figured out how to get there yet ...

Just a thought - but where is everyone planning setting up camp? - thought that could be the final meeting point perhaps?

View piggin-mud's Profile Search for other posts by piggin-mud Back to Top

sunny devon
Posted: 10-April-2008 at 11:43pm | IP Logged Quote sunny devon
Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Evening all. Glastonbury virgin here too, coming up from the south west, have already meet someone else coming through a friend of a friend.

Is there any tips on where to camp for us 1st timers...

View sunny devon's Profile Search for other posts by sunny devon Back to Top

Mr Mattie
Posted: 10-April-2008 at 11:47pm | IP Logged Quote Mr Mattie
Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Wow! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that's contemplating it!

None of my friends are interested in going and won't buy tickets. They haven't been before so they are basing their decision purely on the headliners alone which really is crazy! When you've been you'll know what I mean.

I think in the four times I've been, I've only ever watched one or two Pyramid Stage headliners (Radiohead and Coldplay).

View Mr Mattie's Profile Search for other posts by Mr Mattie Back to Top

freebird
Posted: 11-April-2008 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote freebird
Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

I agree. I've only been once (2005) and some of my best memories are about the smaller stages, discovering lesser known acts etc. Shame Lost Vagueness won't be there this year.

re the camping, good idea joe the mod, it would be really great if those who can go Wed could rope off some space for those who can't get there til later. Re where, it might be down to where there is a large enough space. We pitched by the cinema last time , which wasn;t great but didn't get flooded out! Green fields looked a really nice place to camp but gets full v quick as does all around the pyramid stage.

I did notice that camping by the Other stage and John Peel stage became a mud bath  -but hey it's not going to rain this year!

I don't mind where we pitch  - any preferences?

Nearer the time we'll need to exchange numbers, cos where we plan to pitch might have to change on the day??

1 User(s) are browsing this topic, 1 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
0 Members:
<< Prev Topic Advice Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 11 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version