Welcome Guest (Register -  Login)  Active Topics Active Topics Display List of Forum Members Memberlist Search The Forum Search Help Help
 Navigation
 Skin Chooser

Choose Skin:

There are 3 skins total.
The newest skin is BeOS

Latest Forum Posts

Total Users Online: 111

We have 0 member(s), 111 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Most Online: 617
Occured: Saturday, 6 Apr, 2024

Members Online:

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

You are visitor number 6208525

We have 70713 registered users and we have had 4 member(s) visit us in the last 24 hours and 137 new member(s) signed up in the last month.

The newest registered user is DoctorTom.

Our users have posted a total of 3890 articles within 785 topics in 13 forums.
Last post by king mob

Chat
 Glastonbury Forum : Chat
Subject Topic: Coach travel farce by See Tickets... Post ReplyPost New Topic
 Coach travel farce by See Tickets...
<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
see_sux
Posted: 29-May-2007 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote see_sux

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Group: Festival Virgin

Just been informed of my coach times going to & from Glasto, I had naively assumed that we'd at least have some kind of say as to when we'd be going.

Leaving London at 5pm on the Weds, which means it'll be pretty much dark when we're trying to put the tents up at the site. Return is laughably at 1am on the monday morning, which just simply isn't going to happen. Instead going to have to fork out for a single train fare on top of the £42 for the coaches.

Rang to find out if there was any way of changing which coach we're on & was told that I could write a letter of complaint which 'might' have a bearing on next year's policy.

Absolutely shocking, as if *anyone* is going to be on coaches leaving at that time of night.  Seems as if someone has been charged with organising this with either no knowledge of what's going on or they simply don't care.

What should have happened is that you could choose slots of rough desired times going to & from the site, and at least some effort could have been made to best accommodate peoples' needs rather than arbitrarily shoving them on whatever time they were unlucky enough to get.  As it is if people want to be on coaches at these times they'll either have to pack their stuff up in the dark or lug their belongings around all day, neither of which is exactly practical.

hopefully someone who actually has some influence over matters reads this to realise quite what a farce it all is so it doesn't happen again.

/end rant

Edited by see_sux on 29-May-2007 at 8:46pm

Online Status: Offline
View see_sux's Profile Search for other posts by see_sux Back to Top

AB__
Posted: 30-May-2007 at 3:18pm | IP Logged Quote AB__

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

It is indeed a farce. We only bought coach tickets because they were all that were left. My Mum only lives 15 minutes from Glastonbury, but we thought oh well at least we're being "green". Now we find out our coach leaves from Bath on wednesday morning, both myself and my boyfriend only have the Friday off, which may not be a problem if we can take more time off. However my younger sister is sitting her A levels and her last exam is Friday morning so there is no way she can go on Wednesday. Glastonbury was her end of exam treat, it'll be a real shame if she has to miss it.

We have just called see tickets and you have until the end of the day tomorrow to get a refund. Also you can go into the festival and leave again, so we are going to go by coach, pitch the tent, leave, work from home the rest of Wednesday/ Thursday and come back Friday. Luckily i have parents nearby, if i was coming from London (home) like the person above i would be even more annoyed.

View AB__'s Profile Search for other posts by AB__ Back to Top

Polly
Posted: 30-May-2007 at 7:44pm | IP Logged Quote Polly
girl with the flashing crutch
Forum Steward

Group: Forum Steward
you can pack during the day and put your stuff in a lock up near the bus station go party and collect on  the way to the bus

View Polly's Profile Search for other posts by Polly Back to Top

king mob
Posted: 30-May-2007 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote king mob

Forum Steward
Forum Steward

Guys, I've got huge amounts of sympathy with your position regarding coach times but please, can y'all keep it to one of the existing threads. Ta.

View king mob's Profile Search for other posts by king mob Visit king mob's Homepage Back to Top

mr_pils
Posted: 06-June-2007 at 3:32pm | IP Logged Quote mr_pils

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Hmm, I managed to get a combined coach ticket at the last moment on Sunday. I knew I had some work commitments on Wednesday but was certain I'd get out of them, boss says no can do. Have managed to negotiate with him to get out on Wednesday afternoon (5pm) but to no avail, bus goes at 7.30am presumably with my unclaimed glasto ticket on board.

My fault for not getting things sorted with work properly.

However, I'm still hoping for some flexibility from the coach operators with spare slots on the Thursday or with Glasto to get a ticket at the venue. Got a sinking feeling about this....anyone think of any ways around this? I've offered to get SeeTickets proof that I'll take alternative public transport to the event, but they're computer says no.

View mr_pils's Profile Search for other posts by mr_pils Back to Top

king mob
Posted: 07-June-2007 at 8:34am | IP Logged Quote king mob

Forum Steward
Forum Steward

It's not just Seetickets, as said elsewhere the coach tickets were part of GFL's license requirement. It's very unlikely you'll be able to change times once you have a ticket, and this is sadly meaning that people cannot come for various reasons. The times of coaches are such in order to reduce the congestion on and around Worthy Farm.

This entire issue would be solved if a time of departure was issued at point of sale, or at the very least, a window when your coach would leave, etc. This is a cock-up and one I'd hope is dealt with next year.

But sadly I don't think anyone stands much of a chance to change things this year. It's just too late.

View king mob's Profile Search for other posts by king mob Visit king mob's Homepage Back to Top

BetsyBounce
Posted: 08-June-2007 at 4:05pm | IP Logged Quote BetsyBounce
Festival Princess
Forum Steward

mr-pils......is there a way u an get on the coach at 7.30 (presumably b4 work starts) get ur ticket then get off again.....mayb u could do a runner @ a services or something?

my heart goes out 2 u truly....i thought about getting the bus myself but it's just 2 difficult 2 get 2 a pick-up point from where I am (they don't really 'do' public transport in Knutsford!!!)

View BetsyBounce's Profile Search for other posts by BetsyBounce Back to Top

AndyRoss
Posted: 11-June-2007 at 11:24pm | IP Logged Quote AndyRoss
Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Me and my mate are in the same situation , where he can't get on the bus on the Wednesday morning from Glasgow. Tried everything to try sort me trying to collect his ticket on the bus but they aren't willing to allow this. Better still we're too late for a refund. It's a very unfair situation.

View AndyRoss's Profile Search for other posts by AndyRoss Back to Top

Causy
Posted: 12-June-2007 at 6:52pm | IP Logged Quote Causy
Forum Steward
Forum Steward

As said somewhere else, double and triple check with SeeTickets and the tracker to make sure of the bus times.

View Causy's Profile Search for other posts by Causy Back to Top

scarieclairey
Posted: 17-June-2007 at 5:45pm | IP Logged Quote scarieclairey

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

My coach times are leaving London at 5.30pm - great - just in time for rush hour and pitching tents/trying to meet friends in the pitch black - and returning at 1am on Monday  - even better as everyone knows the main stage may finish at 12 but all the other stuff goes on throughout the night - maybe 3/4 would have been ok but 1am!!! even if you pack up the tent in the afternoon you're never going to have time to get back and pick it up after the last band finishes. whoever thought up those times was an absolute genius. Will be an almost empty coach leaving at 1 I guarantee it - surely that doesn't make environmental sense!!!!!! Anyway am still grateful for my ticket and feel more sorry for those who can't go because of work etc. but just cause we are lucky to have tickets at all doesn't mean it is ok to mess everyone around like this!

Anyway - sorry for the rant - just had to get that off my chest - roll on Wed :)

View scarieclairey's Profile Search for other posts by scarieclairey Back to Top

1 User(s) are browsing this topic, 1 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
0 Members:
<< Prev Topic Chat Next Topic >>

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version