Welcome Guest (Register -  Login)  Active Topics Active Topics Display List of Forum Members Memberlist Search The Forum Search Help Help
 Navigation
 Skin Chooser

Choose Skin:

There are 3 skins total.
The newest skin is BeOS

Latest Forum Posts

Total Users Online: 151

We have 0 member(s), 151 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Most Online: 617
Occured: Saturday, 6 Apr, 2024

Members Online:

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

You are visitor number 6002049

We have 70623 registered users and we have had 5 member(s) visit us in the last 24 hours and 168 new member(s) signed up in the last month.

The newest registered user is miriamfo16.

Our users have posted a total of 3890 articles within 785 topics in 13 forums.
Last post by king mob

Advice
 Glastonbury Forum : Advice
Subject Topic: SEETICKETS = MUPPETS Post ReplyPost New Topic
 SEETICKETS = MUPPETS
<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
HiFreq
Posted: 18-June-2007 at 4:48pm | IP Logged Quote HiFreq

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

Group: Festival Virgin
How the hell did this bunch of total, total muppets get involved? We were advised that we were setting of at midnight Tuesday to arrive Wednesday morning. Girlfriend hears news report about misprinted tickets so, after an hour, I get through to be told that we're actually setting off at noon on Wednesday. No email, no phone call, no updated info on the tracker. Had we not heard the news, we'd have been stood there at midnight with all of our gear for nothing.

It's bad enough that we're having to leave the site at 4:30 a.m. on the Monday and now this?

I'm going to petition GFL to kick these idiots right out of the loop, in future.

If anyone who runs Seetickets reads this; you should hang your heads in shame - you are the worst shower of sh*te I've ever come across, as far as this type of business is concerned; I've dealt with touts who do a better job. Bloody pathetic amateurs.

Online Status: Offline
View HiFreq's Profile Search for other posts by HiFreq Back to Top

king mob
Posted: 18-June-2007 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote king mob

Forum Steward
Forum Steward

Group: Forum Steward

Seetickets come with Emap's sponsorship-you won't get rid of Seetickets while that deal is in place. However they're not entirely to blame; GFL dropped the ball on coach tickets and should have made things clearer but we have said this in other threads.

View king mob's Profile Search for other posts by king mob Visit king mob's Homepage Back to Top

HiFreq
Posted: 18-June-2007 at 8:51pm | IP Logged Quote HiFreq

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

I'd only just calmed down and then I find out that we were going to be stood outside a nightclub, with all our gear at chucking out time, in the middle of Teesside, totally without point.

I agree about GFL dropping the ball, but ST have done bugger all to even alert people that they got the times wrong.

El Finito; they can stick the whole thing up their respective arses.  Don't need the hassle.

Edited by HiFreq on 18-June-2007 at 8:56pm

king mob
Posted: 18-June-2007 at 8:56pm | IP Logged Quote king mob

Forum Steward
Forum Steward

Seetickets were made aware about 12 days ago they'd f**ked up the tickets; See and GFL promised everyone would have tickets, or have confirmed times for coaches by Friday last week. This hasn't happened as I know of people who got tickets today and have no idea their coach times may be wrong.

The bottom line is there's nothing one can do to change anything now but see how it turns out over the next week. One thing is for sure, GFL won't be so casual in some of their arrangements next year.

View king mob's Profile Search for other posts by king mob Visit king mob's Homepage Back to Top

HiFreq
Posted: 18-June-2007 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote HiFreq

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

I'd hate to think that i was having to sort all this out, i suppose. I never normally get this wound up, (honest!!!); it's just that we've been looking forward to this for two years and it's going the same way all big businesses go; call centres you can't get through to and people not taking responsibility for f**king up, emails not properly replied to and faceless people getting away with it. it pisses me right off.

king mob
Posted: 19-June-2007 at 12:24pm | IP Logged Quote king mob

Forum Steward
Forum Steward

I'm sure Eavis will review this year's mistakes as they do every year. The problem is the festival is a victim of it's own success so it's suffering from the problems that have come with this success.

This does not excuse this years cock-ups; far from it as some of the mistakes were easily solveable such as actually giving coach times at point of sale. Hopefully everything now goes smoothly and we all manage to enjoy the festival.

HiFreq
Posted: 19-June-2007 at 12:38pm | IP Logged Quote HiFreq

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

You're absolutely 100% correct; Even Seetickets, mud and rain won't stop me and mine having the time of our lives. Had the worst year of my life so far, but everything has come right and got sorted out in the last week and I'm about ready to go nuts and party the old backside off. Time to rediscover some of that child-like wonder again!

Have the best festival ever...

happyhornyhelen
Posted: 20-June-2007 at 12:46pm | IP Logged Quote happyhornyhelen

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

I really need someone's advice on this. One of my mate's immediate family has fallen very ill & she is therefore unable to attend Glastonbury with her friend.

Does anyone know if there is anyway she can get the tickets transferred into mine & my boyfriend's name & we will obviously give her the cash?

We did register & tried on every available occasion to get tickets but were unable to. It seems so auful that she is going through such a rough time & will also loose money becuase she can't go.

Does anyone have any ideas????????????

View happyhornyhelen's Profile Search for other posts by happyhornyhelen Back to Top

Polly
Posted: 20-June-2007 at 5:21pm | IP Logged Quote Polly
girl with the flashing crutch
Forum Steward

nothing you can do I am afraid

View Polly's Profile Search for other posts by Polly Back to Top

happyhornyhelen
Posted: 20-June-2007 at 5:27pm | IP Logged Quote happyhornyhelen

Festival Virgin
Festival Virgin

I know, it's awfull really. I could've given her the cash & gone in her place - it's such a shame for her after all that's going on. 

View happyhornyhelen's Profile Search for other posts by happyhornyhelen Back to Top

1 User(s) are browsing this topic, 1 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
0 Members:
<< Prev Topic Advice Next Topic >>

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version